Beatles Fantasy is a concerto for solo violin and orchestra, in three mouvement, composed in collaboration with Eric Jones-Cadieux, based on some of the most popular songs of the musical group The Beatles.
The 1st movement includes songs from the Beatles’ early period:
- A Hard Day’s Night
- I Want To Hold Your Hand
- And I Love Her
- In My Life
The 2nd movement includes songs from the Beatles’ mid period:
- All You Need Is Love
- A Day In The Life
- Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
- Hello Goodbye
The 3rd movement includes songs from the Beatles’ late period:
- Lady Madonna
- Let It Be
- Black Bird
- Hey Jude
Although the songs within each movement are not necessarily in chronological order, the intention of having three movements based on three different Beatles’ period is to bring the listener on a journey following the evolution of the Beatles’ music threw out their career and their main creative phases.
Instrumentation: solo violin / 2222 / 2200 / 1 timp / 1 perc / strings
Duration: 22 minutes
Commissioned by the violinist Lindsay Deutsch to whom the work is dedicated.
- Apr. 29, 2017 | Plano Symphony Orchestra, Hector Guzman and Lindsay Deutsch | St Andrew UMC, Plano, Texas, United States
- Feb. 11, 2017 | Boulder Chamber Orchestra, Bahman Saless and Lindsay Deutsch | Adventist Church of Boulder, Boulder, Colorado, United States
- Feb. 10, 2017 | Boulder Chamber Orchestra, Bahman Saless and Lindsay Deutsch | Adventist Church of Boulder, Boulder, Colorado, United States
- Nov. 19, 2016 | Bartlesville Symphony Orchestra, Lauren Greenand and Lindsay Deutsch | Bartlesville Community Center, Bartlesville, Oklahoma, United States (premiere)